Friday, April 22, 2011

I remember..

I remember my grandparents' house
On Good Friday morning
Six or seven children all gathered
Around the television
We watched the Jesus of Nazareth
for what felt like six hours
While thinking long and hard upon
that never-dissipating hunger

I remember the bun and cheese and going to
Auntie's house for dinner
Not much was done outside
Just took in a brief moment of sunshine
For dinner time I'm sure was fish
And I am sure that I enjoyed it
But the hunger still never left
No matter what we ate

Now it has been a while now
And things have changed so much
The same programs have not been shown that much
And the ones they do are shorter
But i love the memory of Good
Friday at our grandparent's house on

1 comment:

  1. Didn't even turn the television on today, but I'm sure I would have seen a version of Jesus of Nazareth. Had me some bun and cheese too!

    ReplyDelete