Monday, April 11, 2011

When One Gets Too Busy

To wind your way out of the present
When you get too busy
The cares and battles of today
Drive you to a tizzy
Deadlines, research and paper work, oh what pressure!
Type this email, send that paper to the paper shredder!

"What must I be doing now" you ask
As you fatten up your planner
"I really should prioritize in an organized manner!"
Can you jump of the treadwheel, take a rest, oh what a dream!
You want to run away right now, hold your head and scream!

Instead just turn your head
to the sky in prayer
Let go of every other thing, find peace and truth you hear
Do not abandon all your plans, you will definitely need them later
But the time you spend to refocus may make your achievements even greater








1 comment:

  1. Good reflection of how our 'busyness' keeps us occupied every minute of the day and fills us with anxiety.

    I agree that prayer is a winderful way to refocus. It certainly helps me centre myself when I'm running in different directions trying to do everything at once.

    ReplyDelete