Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Working Tools

I am going to do a proper review of The Manual. I may even read it again before I do so. Tonight, I am looking at educational tools. I needed to make a list in one place so I can have them to share:
The overall resource site is:
http://www.protopage.com/web2point0forteachers#Web_2.0_For_Teachers/Welcome

  • Wink ( http://www.debugmode.com/wink/)-Tutorial and presentation software on how to use software.
  • Alice programming for students (www.alice.org)-A 3-D storytelling software
  • Scratch (scratch.mit.edu) a programming language to create interactive stories, games, music and art.
I want to allow the students to create flash cards for definitions and I need a tool to record questions for them to be able to do.

What is the difference between a feature and a benefit? Let's take a $500K Ferrari sports car.

What are the features? Made by the best European car designers, hand-made Italian leather seats and expensive coverings, lifetime guarantee on all parts.

What are the benefits? You will have the most famous sports car in the world, you will be recognized as someone with style, flair and real class; and you'll be envied by your peers.
This information was taken from (http://www.klariti.com/business-writing/Difference-Features-Benefits.shtml)

Another site has information on the difference between features, benefits, and advantages.

FEATURE: A fact or a characteristic of a product.

ADVANTAGE: Something that makes your product better than that of your competitor product or a substitute product.

BENEFIT: What the customer is looking for [needs/wants] or something that will help your customer in getting the job done, easier or better or faster.

I just had to put that in there as well although the two topics are quite unrelated presently.


Here ends this night's search. I will continue at some later time. (More than likely a few hours from now)

No comments:

Post a Comment