Monday, August 23, 2010

Rest...

At the end of each day one is required to rest. I was watching a video clip of a young man inspiring young people to succeed. He said that some of the top performers want to succeed so badly that they don't remember that they haven't eaten or slept. You wonder how much would you give up to succeed when you hear those stories.

If you stretch too much, you might not have enough use for anything eventually but then again if you do NOT stretch too much you never become anything. The key is balance. I suppose we will spend the rest of our lives trying to find that place of balance or perhaps the key is to overstretch than to understretch. (I am of course rambling)

I made it to camp. It was really good. I had to let go off several mindsets that I had before. That made all the difference. While there, I realize that there are a few things that I do that could be changed so that I can be a better person. The theme was "Hope for Tomorrow". They did a tremendous play afterwards. It should have been recorded. I loved it so much. I realize more than every that I love to work with young people. I just feel my bowels of compassion move (perhaps that is not such a good analogy but) when I have to work with them. I don't claim to understand them and that is o.k. for me now. I just want to sow a seed in their lives and just allow myself to love them. I will see the areas that God will lead me into where that is concerned.

I am taking this week to rest as i hinted at the before. I did make my list of things to do for the summer but that statement "Man plans and God wipes out" really came through for me. Now, a women's conference, two camps, VBS, etc later, I can say this was the most productive summer I have ever spent. I loved it!

I still have my dreams and still have quite a few things I want to do. I am listening for a call to get into that school. It will not be too much for me. I am giving You thanks Lord for all that You have done! Thank You!

No comments:

Post a Comment